Wednesday, February 7, 2018

Q&A with Austin Francis: Men's Style

 Q&A with Austin Francis

This week on Future Hot Dads of America, we caught up with one of SUU's most stylish guys, Austin Francis.  Austin is a junior at Southern Utah University, as well as a Presidential Ambassador who aids in recruiting for the school. 

Austin agreed to sit down with me to answer a few questions about himself, his style, and some advice on style for guys out there.  So without further or do, let get into it.


Q: What made you want to get into men’s style?

I wanted to improve my appearance and first impressions that I was making on others. It’s important to appear like you care about yourself and to appear confident when meeting others. Your style sends a powerful message to others, and it’s important to be in control of what that message is.

Q: Where do you get your style inspiration from?

My style inspiration comes from this insightful phrase: simplicity is the ultimate sophistication. Keeping your style simple shows that you know what is important and that you don’t need anything flashy to feel confident and to make a statement.


Q: I like that.  So what you say are one or two staple pieces that every guy should have in his wardrobe?

A nice black suit, and a good pair of brown leather boots. Brown leather boots can be used for casual as well as semi-formal events and overall just look classier than sneakers.


Q: Do you have any style pet peeves?

A big style pet peeve of mine is when men wear button up dress shirts without tucking them in. These dress shirts have a long cut so that they can be tucked in. Wearing it tucked out as if it is a casual button up looks silly. There are casual button ups that have a normal cut that are designed to not be tucked in. It’s important to know the difference.


Q: Do you have any advice for guys who might be getting into men’s fashion?

Don’t let money be an issue. You can get great outfits with some very affordable and simple pieces. Blue jeans and a black tee will never go out of style. Don’t get caught up with feeling like you need expensive brands to look good. It is not true. A $5 shirt from H&M can look stellar if worn right.


Q: You've mentioned before that photography is another passion of yours. What is your main focus in photography?

My main focus in photography is to take photos that are compositionally simplistic and convey an easy-to-grasp message. I like to take the clutter out of photos and just boil the photo down to what the most important factors are. I love simple outfits and simple backgrounds where I can focus my creativity on getting the most out of my model with poses, gestures, and props.

Henri Cartier Bresson is my biggest inspiration. He focuses on capturing little fleeting moments that tell a lot about the scene and the person. I try to implement this style in my own photography as well.


Q: As a photographer myself, I think that is awesome.  Not many people like to keep it simple.  Anyway shifting gears, let's do a few questions just for fun.  Do you have a spirit animal? What about it represents you?

I can’t really think of one. I should probably get on that!


Q: Haha ok, we'll follow up on that one another time.  Let's talk lavatory, are you a bathroom singer?

Most definitely.


Q: One last question.  Since you are a Future Hot Dad of America, give us your best dad joke.

What time did the man go to the dentist? Tooth hurt-y!

________________________________


If you want to see more of Austin or his photography, you can follow him on Instagram @austinperry_  and  @austinperry_photography




No comments:

Post a Comment